Magic O.C.C's in Rifts

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

When you say "encounter" you mean "fight" correct?
I'd reccomend a TW (my favorite class, so I'm biased). The first spell you should strive to learn is Negate Mechanics. Incorporate that into some kind of TW pistol and you'll be set.
Good Luck! :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

You should try the rather handyNexus Navigator They should all be there.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Like mystic knights(World book 16 federation of magic) and temporal wizards(England,very munckin most GM don't like it).Though very few manulipate time(No backwards only jump forward in time).

temporal wizards are munckin because they have no spell level limit on the spell selection in from normal magic(any spell 1-15). Plus you can start at level 1,3,5(I like 3). But this would could make them very usefull vs what ever you want to target. I always like defense based I would like talisman, engery sphere, and inv armor, couple others. Though I would say the only problem with them is skills are very limited and you have to take a hth(Since it is very important to casters now) and the -minus for 3 aren't bad, but for 5 they are very bad.

Bethor wrote:I'm trying to figure out which O.C.C would be the best to encouter Robots, Power Armors and the like.

Temporal wizards spell selection ability makes them one of the best to counter anything.

Also, temporal magic has some very useful spells. I think they have far more useful then any other caster.

Also isn't their a list in Book of magic of all the OCC?

Though mystic knight would not be very good vs power armor.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

U.S.Advanced Recon wrote:I would also suggest you check out the Paradox shaman in Spirit West.

Temporal wizards can get those spells too.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

For sheer damage, it's hard to do better than an Air/Fire Warlock (Tornado & River of Lava FTW) but you said you've already played one of them. For combat, a temporal warrior gets some good bonuses, but they are somewhat limited in magical terms, like the Battle Magus or the Mystic Knight.
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

try making a shifter that is a palladium race i believe its called a jeridu from land of the damned. the shifter occ from rue has lots of traveling abilities and great spell selection especially if you take a supernatural lonk to a god of magic and the natural fighting skills of the jeridu are just too cool. nad yes i thought about a temporal warior or battle mage or even a combat mage for the occ but those all seemed a bit over powering when combined with this race.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”