House Rules 13: Movement, Combat Modifiers

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I have a couple of question. Why this many house rules for your game? Did people abuse the rules that much? Or were the people who play your game that out of control? I'm sorry to question you. But these many seems to be a lot.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That does make sense! Thank you for responding so quickly to my questions! Oh yes! Welcome aboard! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Phadeout
Explorer

Unread post by Phadeout »

Size Differences:
Opponent is less then half the characters size: - 3 strike/ +1 parry/ +1 dodge
Opponent is more then twice the characters size: +3 strike/ -1 parry/ -1 dodge

This part doesn't quite make sense.

So an opponent is -3 to strike against "you" if you're half the opponents size, but the opponent is +1 Parry/Dodge against "you"? I think it needs to read:

#1.
Size Differences:
Opponent is 2X as large (or larger) than you: +3 strike/ +1 parry/ +1 dodge
Opponent is half your size or smaller: -3 strike/ -1 parry/ -1 dodge

I'd also change the modifiers too... It should be harder to parry something bigger than you, but easier to dodge it. So:

#2.
Size Differences:
Opponent is 2X as large (or larger) than you: +2 strike/ -2 parry/ +2 dodge
Opponent is half your size or smaller: -2 strike/ -2 parry/ -2 dodge

After looking at that.. Hmmm, I don't see the point in making any modifiers to parry since everyone will be at a negative.. but it still works since you will always be at a negative to parry anything half your size or smaller, or twice your size and bigger. I like #2 on my list.
Phadeout

"Are you classified as human?"
"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."

Return to “G.M.s Forum”