Stone Master Spells

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Stone Master Spells

Unread post by JTwig »

I was reading through my copy of Rifts Book of Magic last night, and in the description of the Close Rifts spell it has a list of magic O.C.C.s that don't pay the 2 P.P.E. permeant cost. Among them was of course the Shifter, but one of the others listed was the Stone Master. This confused me because in the two books I have with the full Stone Master O.C.C. (Rifts Atlantis and Rifts Book of Magic) they don't get any spells except for those provided by gems. Looking over the gems and what spells they provide, I could not find any that allowed the Stone Master to cast Close Rifts. Am I missing something?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Stone Masters can cast Close Rifts Via a Pyramid.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Schwarz wrote:Hm, actually that would also include all true atlanteans, as they can use pyramids as well.

Correction, they have limited use of them for travel only. They can't access it's other powers.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

Schwarz wrote:is that an errata? as far as i can recall they are fully trained to use pyramids, they are just unaware of the construction and internal workings.

i have a rather old version of atlantis (1st printing) if there was a change i wouldlike to know

I have the first printing of Atlantis also, along with the newest version of the Book of Magi (which has the full Stone Master O.C.C. reprinted for some reason), and it says that Stone Master and normal Atlantians have full knowledge of Pyramid operations. Only the Stone Master have knowledge of Pyramid creation.

Nekira Sundance wrote: Stone Masters can cast Close Rifts Via a Pyramid.

The only problem with this is that when using the Pyramid to close a rift they are not casting the spell, but instead using the power of the pyramid. So I still don't understand why the Stone Master was included in the spell description.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

JTwig wrote:
Nekira Sundance wrote: Stone Masters can cast Close Rifts Via a Pyramid.

The only problem with this is that when using the Pyramid to close a rift they are not casting the spell, but instead using the power of the pyramid. So I still don't understand why the Stone Master was included in the spell description.

Probably to be clear that it's not going to cost them.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”