heroes in splicers

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

heroes in splicers

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

how would mutants and others with super powers that are not metel, magic, or phyic based?
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Re: heroes in splicers

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

goodhometownboy wrote:how would mutants and others with super powers that are not metel, magic, or phyic based?

Umm... how would they what? :?
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

opps i mean how would the fair in the splicers world... and how would there powers be affected? i know that magic, phyic and cyborg type characters would be kill or not fair so well.. what the aps powers and what not?

and rune weapons?
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Why does everyone insist upon making magic sdc in Splicers when there's no note in the book that it becomes so? Magic and rune weapons would remain MD if they were MD in the system you've come from. Psychics and magic users of all types are limited to their personal PPE and whatever talismans/batteries/donations they can get at the time (no ley lines or ambient ppe/isp) and their spells run at half the normal damage/protection for half the normal duration. ISP/PPE regens at half (third?) the normal rate. Of interest is the fact that while the book notes even FC Borgs get ripped apart by the plague, game mechanics say the squishy bits aren't targetable/are environmentally sealed so I'm in something of a quandry as to how to rule on them - partials of course are just boned. The rest of your hero/mutant types should be fine with minimal adjustments provided they survive the initial discovery that metal is bad for them all of a sudden.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

demos606 is pretty much dead on there :ok:
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Your Mage or Psychic can also easily add a Host Armor, or at least living armor, which will be a big boost, though not enough to equal the loss in available energy.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

demos606 wrote:Why does everyone insist upon making magic sdc in Splicers when there's no note in the book that it becomes so? Magic and rune weapons would remain MD if they were MD in the system you've come from. Psychics and magic users of all types are limited to their personal PPE and whatever talismans/batteries/donations they can get at the time (no ley lines or ambient ppe/isp) and their spells run at half the normal damage/protection for half the normal duration. ISP/PPE regens at half (third?) the normal rate. Of interest is the fact that while the book notes even FC Borgs get ripped apart by the plague, game mechanics say the squishy bits aren't targetable/are environmentally sealed so I'm in something of a quandry as to how to rule on them - partials of course are just boned. The rest of your hero/mutant types should be fine with minimal adjustments provided they survive the initial discovery that metal is bad for them all of a sudden.

because Splicers has low levels of magic. Less than the Palladium Fantasy World. The premise behind md for magic is from Rifts. Due to the high levels of magic etc. Splicers has no magic making every thing at least as weak as the PF world.. It just makes sense

Also any supernatural being especially those thazt feed off ley lines like dragons and faires should die of starvation within a days or weeks.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Yeah but this does not explain why MDC is MDC in Splicer(expecially organic MDC...not even zaentradi are MDC beings!!). Is kinda...odd.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

The Baron of chaos wrote:Yeah but this does not explain why MDC is MDC in Splicer(expecially organic MDC...not even zaentradi are MDC beings!!). Is kinda...odd.

why is a tank mdc?
that is the classic exAmple of mdc

biological well this is science fiction so we hav to believe they have gotten to a level of genetic enjineering that let's them build stuff as strong as tanks without magic
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Anyway there have to be some talking about organic tech. The fact is this is classic discussion about MDC, that is quite CONFUSING as rule. Expecially if one face it for some times(ie new player won't think is too bad, but old crust like me, well we saw so much nonsense coming from MDC that we got slightly jaded about it :roll: ).
That said in past it was theorized that organic become MDC only in presence of high level of magic. Of course between this and that sourcebook this rule had become less and less mandatory and more like a vague suggestions(happen to all RPG).
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I'm wondering about APS:Metal, is it considered bio-metal, where the plague won't bother them, or are they treated as normal metal and get imediately attacked?
The Dragon Has Spoken
csbioborg
Champion

killgore wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:I'm wondering about APS:Metal, is it considered bio-metal, where the plague won't bother them, or are they treated as normal metal and get imediately attacked?

Depends on if you (or your GM) believe the plague lives on you or metal. The plague wouldn't effect someone who was metal, but if the plague resides on people, then anyone touched by the metal person would be, and thus so would the metal person (hope you don't get the metal dissolves option), though you will not be taken over as a robot under NEXUS control.

disagree I sayh you'd be considered a inteligent robot like archie so no affect

but if it was a partial transformation then normal metal affect
csbioborg
Champion

killgore wrote:
csbioborg wrote:
killgore wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:I'm wondering about APS:Metal, is it considered bio-metal, where the plague won't bother them, or are they treated as normal metal and get imediately attacked?

Depends on if you (or your GM) believe the plague lives on you or metal. The plague wouldn't effect someone who was metal, but if the plague resides on people, then anyone touched by the metal person would be, and thus so would the metal person (hope you don't get the metal dissolves option), though you will not be taken over as a robot under NEXUS control.

disagree I sayh you'd be considered a inteligent robot like archie so no affect

but if it was a partial transformation then normal metal affect

So, your an intelligent robot like Archie. That just means that NEXUS can't gain control of you. The other effects of the plague still happen. If a human gives you a hug, then parts of your skin might very well ooze around and deform (or dissolve). :P
APS: Metal can't do a partial transform can it?
Bio-Armor can, but that is very specific that it's bio.

why would splicers talk about intelligent robots and how they would do fine if they desolved the second they got touched by a human.

Its handled under the same rule that one of Nexuses robots becing touched happen ie nothing happens
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Considering the trend lemme say my opinion.
APS - Metal - Is completely alien in nature. Is not likely that the Nanoplague would even affect it, no more it could affect Technojackers armor, or mineral aliens. Is simply something akin to a form of sentient metal/mineral, that baffle most of conventional knowledge(labeit i alwayus puzzled if Librarians could ever develop something like a mineral organics)
Bio-Armor: Bio..name say all
Matter Expulsion Metal : As long as the metal is in physical contact with the mutant, won't trigger the nanoplague, but if detached sure
Metal Manipulation & Magnetism: immmune to nanoplague, ans as above as long as metal is in their sphere of influence(close range 20 ft max) they negate the effec tof nanoplague
Cloacking: Best power ever , to have in Splicer. Invisible to machines, albeit NEXUS AI would be able to spot you but your interference on surrounding enviroment(half the usual penalties for not seeing an opponent), and you are invisible to nanoplague as well! That's good!
Catastrophic System failure: can fry nanomachines, as well as most machines. Note to ever be able to hurt NEXUS shuold use this power touching one f its core...and there are many cores. Still fair good power
Mechano-Link, Machine Merge, WEapon melding: Pretty much the same levle of immunity as technojackers. Weapon Melding is limited to WEAPONS only
APS Mercury: immune , completely totally defintely immune(at worst cause some itchings)
Super-consumption: mouth and stomach are immune to nanoplague, more or less. Is simply that their superdigestive system turn MDC metal in atoms and energy , nanomachines included. bEEEURP
Reconstruction: Well the stuff it build is nanomachine immune. But much like the repairs this last only if the character remaing within range or is using it
Mega wings: same story as APS powers. the metal they are made of is more biological in nature, or could be pure carbonium or super hard ceramics. Anyway is immune to the plague, albeit "feathers" detached from the body will trigger it
Copy Physical Structure: not completely immune, in the sense that touchign metal will trigger it, but once you've become metallic tha twoudl not be such big problem and you wo't trigger anymore
APS of limb: same history as APS. but beware that only you limb is immune to it, not the rest of your body
Mechanical Awareness: Act as danger sense toward nanoplague, and allow to know exactly when it is triggered, allwoing to dodge the metallic creeps easily
Indestructible, Item Reduction, Animate Object: As long the item is under the effect of the power(that could be nanomachine based btw), won't trigger the the nanoplague, but remeber that the effect ar enot permanent and work only as long as the hero is aware and conscious
Bulletproff: immunity only toward bullets
Oh for the chronicle all the above powers would fit a technojacker ,or a variant of it, perfectly
I think sacrificing some of the base Technojackers powers to get some of the above won't be so out of question.
Adventus
Wanderer

Unread post by Adventus »

I would say for the people with APS:Metal or Mercury the nanoplague should be treated like the real world flesh eating bacteria. Also machine merging powers, copy Physical structure Metal, And Metal Mega wings would be the same for the metal parts.

Return to “Splicers®”