Your coolest combos

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Your coolest combos

Unread post by taalismn »

Okay, we've discussed Legal Munchkinry before, but what are your coolest combos, or ideas, that like peanut butter and chocolate, just seem to go great together?

I'll start with an Ashada (the flying squirrel guys from Land of the Damned, pg. 61) Paratrooper(Mercenary Adventures)...Even allowing for the penalty of light, slit-sided body armor, these guys pack their own parachutes and are perfect Airborne...Give'em Naruni stealth armor, and decent air transport to the target, and your enemies better have read up on Operation Overlord...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Re: Your coolest combos

Oooouuucchhhhhhh...to both of them...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Athena Thrasher, Momano headhunter trained Amazon. She's the daughter of a previous character of mine and grew up far away from Manoa.

What's not to love about a character who was called a "Munchkin character" by somebody who was playing a Psi-Stalker Psi-Slinger with all the powers of both and had via home rules traded two minor powers for a major power and who talked the GM into giving their third level character a item that is Rarer that a greatest Rune weapon, without the atunement period.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

My pal's Monster Hunter has monster shaping tattoos. He mainly uses his Norse Giant tattoo, which is 30 feet tall and grants him a supernatural P.S. of 56, P.P. 26, P.E. 27 and 800 M.D.C., not to bad since his real P.P. is only 9. He also has a pack of 4 Demmonrunners and a Dragon Cat mount which he calls the Pride.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
taalismn
Priest

runebeo wrote:My pal's Monster Hunter has monster shaping tattoos. He mainly uses his Norse Giant tattoo, which is 30 feet tall and grants him a supernatural P.S. of 56, P.P. 26, P.E. 27 and 800 M.D.C., not to bad since his real P.P. is only 9. He also has a pack of 4 Demmonrunners and a Dragon Cat mount which he calls the Pride.

Quite a living accessory set...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Yeah, wonder if they have pet/Familiar shows in Rifts? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

fake a single leg come up with a left hook clinch and thorw some thai knees change levels and shoot for the double leg pass from side to ful mount thow some elbows swing the leg around and finish with an armbar he defends put your inside leg though the gap as he's defending the armbar and fnish in triangle

Well that was in real life

Rifts not that creative today
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Starke Spinne rogue Scientist with a Humanoid Augmentation focus...

scariest mother farmer I ever made.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
taalismn
Priest

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:
csbioborg wrote:fake a single leg come up with a left hook clinch and thorw some thai knees change levels and shoot for the double leg pass from side to ful mount thow some elbows swing the leg around and finish with an armbar he defends put your inside leg though the gap as he's defending the armbar and fnish in triangle

How about now putting that into a comprehensible sentence? With punctuation.

It becomes clear if you understand Gobbley...
Which I don't... :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Psi-Ghost and a Phantom Wolf equals a lot of intangibility.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Psi-Kill - Former Vagabond turned Tattoed Warrior who went through the "portal" on Atlantis and gained psionics.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
taalismn
Priest

Rogue_Scientist wrote:Phantom Wolves are in...Madhaven, I believe. Maybe Psyscape, but check Madhaven first. Is it just me, or is Madhaven just a cut above on random NPCs/critters/monsters as well as everything else? I love that damned book... :D

~RS

I really want to give my Apeman mutant mechanic the ability to build an adhoc quad robot vehicle or maybe a giant skyscraper-climbing King-Kong exoskeleton from robot remains....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Icemaster109 wrote:I will throw this one in,

Gunslinger with Naruni revolvers

Nebuloid Gunslinger?
'The Fastest Squid in the New West!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rockwolf66
Hero

taalismn wrote:
C.R.A.F.T. wrote:
csbioborg wrote:fake a single leg come up with a left hook clinch and thorw some thai knees change levels and shoot for the double leg pass from side to ful mount thow some elbows swing the leg around and finish with an armbar he defends put your inside leg though the gap as he's defending the armbar and fnish in triangle

How about now putting that into a comprehensible sentence? With punctuation.

It becomes clear if you understand Gobbley...
Which I don't... :)

Basically he's fakeing an opponant out. Kneeing them repeatedly, then switiching from a watered down Muay Thai to Brazilian JuJitsu. On grappiling with his opponant he elbows them repeatedly until he can choke them out.

I'm sorry but I'm not really into "Mixed Martial Arts".

My most absolutly broken Legal Character has to be the Demi-goddess Headhunter "Silviana Thrasher". there is something very broken about a character that is at once a Defic Shifter, Burster and Headhunter.

Edited to remove goof from four days at working a new job + school without a single full day of downtime.
Last edited by Rockwolf66 on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
taalismn
Priest

Thanks, Rockwolf66...Though you might want to be more careful where you put your reply in relation to the rest of the quote...I'm just not that clever to have figured it out as you did...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rockwolf66
Hero

taalismn wrote:Thanks, Rockwolf66...Though you might want to be more careful where you put your reply in relation to the rest of the quote...I'm just not that clever to have figured it out as you did...

It's not that I am trying to be clever it's just that I hang out with people who are into Mixed Martial arts and I can somewhat understand the language.

It's sort of like if I said I cammed away his punch and planted a left hook into his armpit. I then grabbed his right wrist to put him in an armlock and then did my best to reverse the curvature of his ribcage.

There's a ton of details that I could put into the proceding paragraph but Most people havn't studied the martial arts for 14~15 years.
taalismn
Priest

Rockwolf66 wrote:
taalismn wrote:Thanks, Rockwolf66...Though you might want to be more careful where you put your reply in relation to the rest of the quote...I'm just not that clever to have figured it out as you did...

It's not that I am trying to be clever it's just that I hang out with people who are into Mixed Martial arts and I can somewhat understand the language. .

Didn't mean it like that...just wanted to point out the way it looked, that comment was attributed to me rather than you...

Credit where credit is due, and glad to have a knowledgable person on hand :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Temporal Wizard/Air Warlock Demi-god combo.

At 5th level he could summon via spell phantom footman for 30 P.P.E. and Take 70 P.P.E. from for a net gain Though that was old P.P.E. rules don't think it works anymore. Since what it is 1% now?
At 8th level he made talismans of Torando. Since it says any invocations and elemental spell and temporal spells all list them has invocations. This was a idea from the old f.a.q. that was never confirmed. Which I wish they would just go though and say yes or no(why) too.

Questionable
Lifeward and Then gaint spell. Question is does lifeward check on all attacks or just want cast.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Quickflex Cosmo-knight with dual swords pumped up for his cosmo weapons.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:Zembhak Cyber Knight

Have one of those in a game I am in.
I do not really do munchkins, but I have seen some. One was a PC Supervillain with Duplication and Swarm Self as well as possess others. Was able to possess the entire city government...
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

I really like a rulian translator oni ninija occ i've played afew times

The oni ninija in theory can be taken by any master psyic

rulias while thier powers are limited are conisdered it

great way to catch your target unaware. The death blow casues 2d4 X 100 damage. Go trnalate for a cosmo knight art of stealth and you are golden
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

I can throw three at you guys:

1. An Amaki Stoneman Lord Magus with major psionics and Sea Inquisitor powers. This will eventually create a mage with up to about 2300 MDC, takes half damage on all non-magic and non-psychic attacks and inflicts double damage on all physical and weapon attacks at the supernatural.

2. A Full Conversion Borg with a nuclear generator and weapon link to a Anti-Tank Laser that inflicts 3D6X10+20 up to 3000ft and a Shemarian Rail-gun for 2D6X10 up to 6000ft and maybe some mini-missiles. Now add a built in jet pack and a built in Nauni force-field generator and you have a very mobile technological powerhouse that can take up to around 1000 MDC of punishment.

3> A Godling taking three magic diciplines of Harvester, Mystic Knight and Shifter. The Harvester can absorb two souls per level and gains their PPE, magic knowledge and +2 to PS. The Mystic Knight has impervious to energy and a host of other awsome powers. The Shifter has minions and an optional Rifter spell that allows you to absorb a lesser demon's MDC and Immortality.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

No takers? Come on show us your inventiveness.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

Anthar wrote:No takers? Come on show us your inventiveness.

It would be rather "inventive" to somehow get that Shemarian Rail-gun without it, you know - blowing up in your face. Seriously, it isn't so much a railgun as it is a bionic attachment filled with explosives.

Inventive, hmm...

A Head-Hunter Techno-hound Dogboy. Utilizing your psuedo-operator-fu Rig up a super-weapon using all the guns you started with; this is best achieved by taking lots of WPs; but you must have WP flamethrower. Using as much plasma weaponry as possible; a Naruni pistol, maybe an NG-E-12 plasma ejector, a C-12 (I know, not plasma), and that WI-plasma flame-thrower (this is key in that fire is awesome), fire-link all these things onto a single object (your super-weapon) so that each shot wastes a ton of energy/ammunition but creates one hell of a mess. Now people will know why you earned that nick-name, "Hell-Hound".

Head-Hunter Robo-smasher with HtH commando (I know, not exactly on their list of available HtH's, but the new headhunter can take it so I don't see it being a problem allowing this out-of-date mirror-OCC taking it) roaming around in a suit of SAMSON PA. He uses a pair of those new NG railguns that look like pistols (and fire single shots). Thanks to the small size of these railguns and the attached railgun/mini-missile combo the suit offers that is one hell of a lot of lead you're laying down; often destroying enemy robots and such with ease thanks to the ability to make aimed and called shots without penalty with the railguns and the increased critical & damage boost against these opponents.

Any OCC where you can weaponize both the WI-Zapper (I think Wellington makes it) and the Coalition net-gun to devistating effect. Preferably a Grackletooth with a Neural Mace tied to his tail. Best used with Vibro-bayonets attached to weaponry just so you can poke your helpless opponents to death with a rare and crappy vibro-weapon.

As far as coolest combos goes, all of the above qualify, as do anything involving the Head-Hunter (and any mirror there of) OCC. Especially when you've taken Sharp-shooting and one-handed Rifles JUST so you can wield a pair of JA-12's. In Flying Titan PA. With RC:E. And a combat computer implant. With HtH commando.
Smoking a cigar (somehow through the PA).
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Max™ wrote:Never really considered what he'd be like in M.D.C. til now.

Pu2 Godling Immortal

Actually rolled the guy up without fudging, just choosing where my attribute rolls were placed, and choosing the powers/power category towards maxed P.S./punch damage.

558 M.D.C., unbreakable bones, heals 1d6 per melee, unfazed by physical damage, and would do um... way too much damage with a punch.... Something well over 1000 M.D. with a landed Super Power Punch...

Though, unlike the trend in this thread, he actually has weaknesses, the limited focus of his powers, the psionics weak point, easily distracted/tricked by women, lack of movement abilities (besides leaping), etc...

I think calling something Robo-Smasher compared to him is misleading >.>

What kind of strength are you talking about that you'd do over 1,000 MD on a super power punch? It'd have to be over 250, which sounds exceedingly implausible at best.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Dog_O_War
Champion

Max™ wrote:Never really considered what he'd be like in M.D.C. til now.

Pu2 Godling Immortal

Actually rolled the guy up without fudging, just choosing where my attribute rolls were placed, and choosing the powers/power category towards maxed P.S./punch damage.

558 M.D.C., unbreakable bones, heals 1d6 per melee, unfazed by physical damage, and would do um... way too much damage with a punch.... Something well over 1000 M.D. with a landed Super Power Punch...

Though, unlike the trend in this thread, he actually has weaknesses, the limited focus of his powers, the psionics weak point, easily distracted/tricked by women, lack of movement abilities (besides leaping), etc...

I think calling something Robo-Smasher compared to him is misleading >.>

Well you can blame Palladium for that. Besides, as compared to normal OCCs, that triple damage on an improved critical really is smashing robots.

But here is a question for you; how do you give a godling super-powers? Wouldn't he be immune to all methods of imbuing? Besides that, you clearly have a problem hitting a specific kind of robot; fast-moving pretty cyber-humanoid women! My method of smashing clearly doesn't distinguish between such a common type of robot 8)
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Subjugator

Max™ wrote:100 Base Str (24 Rolled, +20 Tremendous, +10 (2d6) Zombie, +36 (30+2d6) SN power, +10 (1d6+6) Godling) 8 Attacks per Melee (4 base, 2 Godling, 1 Boxing, 1 Otherworldly Martial Artist) so, let's not get into the higher Str tables and just say 2d4x10 +85 (105~165) x 8 = 840~1320 M.D. damage with a Super Power Punch.

It's a Powers Unlimited 2 Immortals power category option to make a Godling, those powers would be his "normal" abilities, in this case I decided his "godly" background was being a manifestation of force and might.

I was unaware of the fact that a super power punch would take 8 attacks. I was thinking of two attacks.

As for the rest...if that's how you want to play your games, that's cool, but I would *never* allow that into one of mine.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

Dog_O_War
Champion

Max™ wrote:Super Power Punch IS a power.

Major super ability, once per minute you can dump all of your attacks into one super piledriver attack.

It would require a certain type of game to really fit, and would take a good player to turn it into something besides "ok, I stick my fist through this guy too."

It's like the worst power though. You dump all your attacks into one chance that is often easily parried (since it's easier to accumulate parry bonuses than it is strike bonuses). On top of all that you are bored for most of the combat because you sit there and watch your friends get like a half-dozen rolls in, as well as the GM.
That and if your enemy isn't set-up right in front of you at the start of your turn you can't even use it.

Worst. Power. Ever. Especially if your opponent is immune to kinetic attacks.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

Dog_O_War wrote:

It would be rather "inventive" to somehow get that Shemarian Rail-gun without it, you know - blowing up in your face. Seriously, it isn't so much a railgun as it is a bionic attachment filled with explosives.

Engarde... Try explosive neutralizer and an awsome Techno-Wizard and you got yourself an unexploded Shemarian Rail-gun.
XxCadrosxX
D-Bee
Comment: "Trample the weak; hurdle the dead"

Unread post by XxCadrosxX »

I know this says "combo" but, I recall a character that a friend of mine played in a campaign that to this day i still laugh about. Reading these posts made me think of it. If I remember correctly he was either a psi stalker or psi-vampire i really don't remember. I do remember that he loved to stand next to the dragon in our party. :D He thought the dragon was his best friend in the world. You might not fully understand the character unless i told you he had an IQ of 3 ( I think it started out to be a 5 but something happened) and looked like Broc Lesnor. My friend played this character extremely well. In his best retarded voice he could use. He would say things like " I wanna pet the dragon, He is my friend." With out the knowledge of why he likes to pet the dragon. Draining the dragons ISP in the process

I recalled in his background that he was a former cs soldier, i believe that went "section 8", and was locked up for killing his OIC. He would sit in his cell all day and yell for trash bags. (you should have seen my friend act this out :) Not knowing what to do they would comply with him just to shut him up. He would grab the trash bags and unroll them, wrapping them around his body, and caress them. Hugging them tightly, with the softly moan of"trashbags" coming from his lips. Then he would go into another rant yelling trash bags at the top of his lungs. Pretty soon his cell was about 3 to 4 feet deep in trash bags. He would swim through them and wither around and around.

The only problem is he had forgot that they were part of his escape plan.

His formulated idea, he had in his pea brain, that he forgot was the following: Collect a bunch of trash bags, fill the trash bags with methane gas :P to the point it pushes the roof off his cell. ( i was assuming he was on a top floor), Then use the trash bags filled with methane to float out of prison. making his escape. I still feel to this day that kris was awesome at acting this guy out. specially when he was trying to hug the dragon all the time. i am sure, for the dragon it was annoying and taxing. lol
Subjugator

XxCadrosxX wrote:I know this says "combo" but, I recall a character that a friend of mine played in a campaign that to this day i still laugh about. Reading these posts made me think of it. If I remember correctly he was either a psi stalker or psi-vampire i really don't remember. I do remember that he loved to stand next to the dragon in our party. :D He thought the dragon was his best friend in the world. You might not fully understand the character unless i told you he had an IQ of 3 ( I think it started out to be a 5 but something happened) and looked like Broc Lesnor. My friend played this character extremely well. In his best retarded voice he could use. He would say things like " I wanna pet the dragon, He is my friend." With out the knowledge of why he likes to pet the dragon. Draining the dragons ISP in the process

I recalled in his background that he was a former cs soldier, i believe that went "section 8", and was locked up for killing his OIC. He would sit in his cell all day and yell for trash bags. (you should have seen my friend act this out :) Not knowing what to do they would comply with him just to shut him up. He would grab the trash bags and unroll them, wrapping them around his body, and caress them. Hugging them tightly, with the softly moan of"trashbags" coming from his lips. Then he would go into another rant yelling trash bags at the top of his lungs. Pretty soon his cell was about 3 to 4 feet deep in trash bags. He would swim through them and wither around and around.

The only problem is he had forgot that they were part of his escape plan.

His formulated idea, he had in his pea brain, that he forgot was the following: Collect a bunch of trash bags, fill the trash bags with methane gas :P to the point it pushes the roof off his cell. ( i was assuming he was on a top floor), Then use the trash bags filled with methane to float out of prison. making his escape. I still feel to this day that kris was awesome at acting this guy out. specially when he was trying to hug the dragon all the time. i am sure, for the dragon it was annoying and taxing. lol

The trash bag idea was sort of used in a modified way in an old A-Team episode. They used hair dryers and trash bags to make 'hot air balloons' and float out of prison.

/Sub

Dog_O_War
Champion

Anthar wrote:
Dog_O_War wrote:

Engarde... Try explosive neutralizer and an awsome Techno-Wizard and you got yourself an unexploded Shemarian Rail-gun.

Riposte and thrust... You have to combat a Shemarian Warrior to first attempt this, and you have to hire that awesome Techno-Wizard, whom I doubt will work for less that a half-mil Cr. You're better off buying up leg speed and attaching 10 JA-9's (for a paultry 200,000Cr). You get the same damage, a comparable range, and you didn't have to work even a 10th as hard has you would've. On top of that there is a zero % chance of the GM killing you out of spite in the impending battle.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Dog_O_War
Champion

duck-foot wrote:cybernetic gun-slinging rahuman with the super powers of invunerability and alt phys: fire.

Cybernetics remove superpowers.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

Dog_O_War wrote:
Riposte and thrust... You have to combat a Shemarian Warrior to first attempt this, and you have to hire that awesome Techno-Wizard, whom I doubt will work for less that a half-mil Cr. You're better off buying up leg speed and attaching 10 JA-9's (for a paultry 200,000Cr). You get the same damage, a comparable range, and you didn't have to work even a 10th as hard has you would've. On top of that there is a zero % chance of the GM killing you out of spite in the impending battle.

Parry and Coupe... It certaiinly would be a team effort, and who could argue with the Ultra-Mega Universal Coolness of having a lever-action Boom-Gun. One of the great things that I love about the Palladium system is anything is possible.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I just rolled this one up as an enemy in our current campaign. The campaign is our minion war endeavour and the players range from a psi-stalker mind melter to a demigod chinese demon queller.

The villain is a Shikome Kido Mi Adult Dragon from Japan who is also a shifter. The Dragon knows Arcomi (mystic Martial Art from Rifter #30) and HTH Dragon. I know that the Dragon is an adult, but I only rolled him up as level ten (as far as skills and Martial arts progression goes). The Dragon has made no pact as a shifter.

So far, the Dragon is an awesome magic user (+6 spell strength for combat spells, +4 spell strength for everything else), and a great fighter. He has a Greater Rune Weapon Naginata which is awesome. I really hope the P.C.'s level up a little before fighting him, but I really don't think it will be a problem since there will be a ton of baddies to fight on their way to his Palace.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Dog_O_War
Champion

Anthar wrote:
Dog_O_War wrote:

Parry and Coupe... It certaiinly would be a team effort, and who could argue with the Ultra-Mega Universal Coolness of having a lever-action Boom-Gun. One of the great things that I love about the Palladium system is anything is possible.

Evade... And a monumental effort for your teammates not to just off the 'borg at some point for dragging them into the poor-house, beaten and broken after having fought (most likely) a dozen Shemerrians.
Besides, it's easier to take the boomgun off of the Glitterboy pilot's PA while he's sleeping. You've now gone from lever-action to semi-automatic shotgun.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
The Galactus Kid

...In the palladium megaverse.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Dog_O_War
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:...In the palladium megaverse.

Heh, kinda assumed that was implied given that this is a Palladium forum, in the Rifts section...

The Galactus Kid wrote:I just rolled this one up as an enemy in our current campaign. The campaign is our minion war endeavour and the players range from a psi-stalker mind melter to a demigod chinese demon queller.

The villain is a Shikome Kido Mi Adult Dragon from Japan who is also a shifter. The Dragon knows Arcomi (mystic Martial Art from Rifter #30) and HTH Dragon. I know that the Dragon is an adult, but I only rolled him up as level ten (as far as skills and Martial arts progression goes). The Dragon has made no pact as a shifter.

So far, the Dragon is an awesome magic user (+6 spell strength for combat spells, +4 spell strength for everything else), and a great fighter. He has a Greater Rune Weapon Naginata which is awesome. I really hope the P.C.'s level up a little before fighting him, but I really don't think it will be a problem since there will be a ton of baddies to fight on their way to his Palace.

Do you think that the PC's can take him in their current state? if yes, then I wouldn't worry about it. If no, drag them into some kinda side-quest dealie, or atleast make that option available.
Sounds like a cool villian btw.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
The Galactus Kid

I was agreeing with you, Dog. Those other two were created outside of the rules set and have no bearing on the discussion. No offense Ducky.

Yeah, I'm taking my PC's on a side quest because there is no way they could survive (well...very little. The demon queller could do the demon strike which could knock out all but 10% of the dragons MDC). They have to explore a bit and talk to some rather mischievious greater Tengu in order to even find out where the palace/fortress is.

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I was agreeing with you, Dog. Those other two were created outside of the rules set and have no bearing on the discussion. No offense Ducky.

Yeah, I'm taking my PC's on a side quest because there is no way they could survive (well...very little. The demon queller could do the demon strike which could knock out all but 10% of the dragons MDC). They have to explore a bit and talk to some rather mischievious greater Tengu in order to even find out where the palace/fortress is.

you make my character sound like a one-trick pony. There's plenty I could do against a silly dragon like that. My favorite trick I learned from D&D: mages can't cast spells while grappled. :wink:
dark brandon
Knight

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I was agreeing with you, Dog. Those other two were created outside of the rules set and have no bearing on the discussion. No offense Ducky.

you make my character sound like a one-trick pony. There's plenty I could do against a silly dragon like that. My favorite trick I learned from D&D: mages can't cast spells while grappled. :wink:

And even dragons fail saves.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
The Galactus Kid

Man, this is going to be an awesome fight. I can't wait. Hand to hand dragon gives some pretty interesting moves, that aren't just restricted to dragon form.

As for failing saves, I admit that it's a posibility, but it will be hard. I'm just really glad that my players are awesome role-players and will do everything they can to out think this guy and his minions.

The Galactus Kid

Thats what Dimensional Teleport at 93% is for.

Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:

What do you play as that can grapple a dragon? I mean, unless your character is giant, I think he can still cast spells with that one toe you've got pinned.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
The Galactus Kid

He's a Chinese DemonQueller/Demigod. The Dragon will Likely be in human form when they first encounter him, but will probably reveal himself to the group later.

dark brandon
Knight

Max™ wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Thats what Dimensional Teleport at 93% is for.

That's what any of the spells that prevent dimensional travel are for!

There really arn't that many...BUT...good old Dark Brandon has been working on some things for just such a case.

Muahahahaha
The Galactus Kid

which ones?

King Chopper
Explorer

Unread post by King Chopper »

Carpet of Adhesion+ Windrush = One bad guy that can’t move. Shoot until dead. Quick, easy, very little cleanup.
If I weren't a snob, I'd be unworthy of being French. -Svartalf
"The death penalty may make the State a murderer, but the penal system makes the State into a gay dungeonmaster."
-attributed to Jesse Jackson

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Max™ wrote:A shadow dragon would be 30 feet long, you'd have to grapple it with something appropriately sized and strong (giant robot, or so) to prevent spell casting in that situation.

or I can wrap my massive Demigod arms around his snout and SQUEEZE FOR PAIN!!!! :lol:
Or I can "Grab Soft Parts", preventing any spellcasting at all. I imagine on a 30 ft long dragon there are many soft parts within easy reach.

and if my demigod dies, so what? I've got a Holy Terror Catholic Priest waiting to be tagged in. :lol:
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

duck-foot wrote: really. uhm. then i guess wolvarine or omega red would not exist then.

Actually, as Unbreakable bones is a power...and also a similar super soldier ability exists...with mutant super soldiers listed as possible. Yes, Wolverine could exist. Omega Red I am not entirely sure about...

Return to “Rifts®”