Coalition prisons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Coalition prisons

Unread post by Chad »

Are there any prisons in the fortress cities, or does everyone just get their citizenship revoked? :?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: Coalition prisons

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

CS prisons are mentioned under the "Coalition Law" section of WB 11, pg 28.
Chad
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Chad »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:CS prisons are mentioned under the "Coalition Law" section of WB 11, pg 28.

Found it- Thanks! :ok:
I'll assume a City Rat who was busted on carrying a weapon with out a permit does his time and can go back to his life?
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

The CS needs penal leigon like they did in Russia China and other countries.

Hook him up with as much combat drugs as possible and good bye dbees

Better yet do like they do in the forever war and hypno condition them to go beserk with a mentl prompt.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

Chad wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:CS prisons are mentioned under the "Coalition Law" section of WB 11, pg 28.

Found it- Thanks! :ok:
I'll assume a City Rat who was busted on carrying a weapon with out a permit does his time and can go back to his life?

Not really able to "get back to his life"; the CS will constantly be watching him, monitering who he's with, where he goes, and what he's doing as long as the city-rat is inside the CS city. And any time he returns, if he leaves, he'd be subjected to random searches of his person as well as his home and buisness. Basically, unless he could bribe some officer somplace, the City-Rat would have a black mark on his record that would follow him around forever. And any time there would be trouble within a mile of him the CS would round him up for a 24 hour marathon of questioning to make sure he had nothing to do with it.
Carrying a weapon with out a permit could look like he's a smuggler, assasion, spy, or at worst an anti-CS rabble rouser. It would take years to get that kinda mark off your record, if you ever could.
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

I don't remember anything from the books, but how we do it in our games:

CS citizens stand trial and if convicted get sent to what is basically a secure resort with many perks over prisons seen in today's world.

Non-CS Humans get sent to barebones prisons.

D-Bees get executed if convicted, unless they exhibit interesting genetic traits then they are sent to LoneStar for experimentation (dead or alive, depending on how dangerous/cooperative they are).
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
talmor
Wanderer

Unread post by talmor »

I've always questioned the idea of prisons, as we understand them, in the world of Rifts. Given what a waste of manpower and resources a prison is, I would imagine that nothing resembling a modern day penal system would exists in Rifts Earth, even in the Coalition. I imagine that fines, forced labor, corporal punishment, executions, and exile would all be far more common punishments than spending time in prison. Obviously social status and race would have a huge influence on the punishment (I can see a D-Bee executed for manslaughter, a human sent to work camp, while a wealthy citizen might be exiled for 10 years, or maybe even just fined).

Is there a book that deals with this in detail? Maybe the 'Burbs sourcebook?
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

talmor wrote:I've always questioned the idea of prisons, as we understand them, in the world of Rifts. Given what a waste of manpower and resources a prison is, I would imagine that nothing resembling a modern day penal system would exists in Rifts Earth, even in the Coalition. I imagine that fines, forced labor, corporal punishment, executions, and exile would all be far more common punishments than spending time in prison. Obviously social status and race would have a huge influence on the punishment (I can see a D-Bee executed for manslaughter, a human sent to work camp, while a wealthy citizen might be exiled for 10 years, or maybe even just fined).

Is there a book that deals with this in detail? Maybe the 'Burbs sourcebook?

I think if the CS exiles you, it's permenant.

I don't recall seeing anything detailed in any of the books. Touches on it a bit in the CS War Campaign book.
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
talmor
Wanderer

Unread post by talmor »

Temporalmage wrote:
I think if the CS exiles you, it's permenant.

Eh, I tend to operate under the assumption that in the CS, it's not what you DO, but who you ARE. Just seems like the approach a corrupt fascist state would apply, though that's mainly because I'm not aware of any definitive answers.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

Exiles have not always been permanent. Although I guess the majority of exiles just have to wait for the dictator to die to have a chance.

The true use of the exile to feed the gulag.

Return to “Rifts®”