Vampire Bite

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

talmor
Wanderer

Re: Vampire Bite

Unread post by talmor »

Anywhere along a major artery. Most of the more popular are: neck, inner thigh, and wrist. Neck is always the easiest to get to, so I tend to assume they bite there unless there is a compelling reason otherwise. But, yeah, as long as there's lots of blood pumping somewhere, they'll bite it...
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

GM descresion, the neck may be required to execute a slow kill.
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Scrud wrote:GM descresion, the neck may be required to execute a slow kill.

Yep, I also favor the must be an artery approach.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

A vampire can bite anywhere on the body that will bleed if they are simply doing it to feed. The different levels of vampire will tend to bite in more select places. Example, a master is more likely to bite a major artery because they are more selective of the "flavor" of their meal. They are also more likely to perform the slow kill bite. A secondary vampire, who has slightly less control than a master (especially if still quite young) is likely to let their hunger guide them for the first few years of vampirism. Thus they will just bite and drink without much thought to where. If they are not hungry when the bite ensues, but are attempting a slow kill, they are more likely to be selective. A wild vampire is more animal like and will just attack to feed, not caring if they hit an artery or not. When a wild vampire performs a slow kill bite, it is generally by accident, always resulting in another wild vampire.

That's my thoughts on the subject. (Someday you folks will know not to ask vampire questions where I can get to them!) 8)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)

Return to “G.M.s Forum”