Martial Arts Powers

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jasper
Explorer

Martial Arts Powers

Unread post by Jasper »

Hi there.

So my question is do the Martial Arts powers listed on page 114 of NSS have to be taken in order under each category? For example if I make a Ninja who gets 2 Hiding MA powers do I have to take The Art of Stealth and The Art of Hiding or can I pick any two that I want. The powers do seem to increase in power and usefullness as you go further down the category so it makes sense but I can't find anywhere that it says.

If you don't have to take things in order that means a level one Dedicated MA with Tien-Hsueh Touch Mastery can start off with Dim Mak...

**edit** upon looking I realized all Tsien-Hsueh users get Dim Mak at first level ....but regardless my question stands: Do the powers have to be taken in order?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Martial Arts Powers

Unread post by Library Ogre »

No.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Re: Martial Arts Powers

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Jasper wrote:Hi there.

So my question is do the Martial Arts powers listed on page 114 of NSS have to be taken in order under each category? For example if I make a Ninja who gets 2 Hiding MA powers do I have to take The Art of Stealth and The Art of Hiding or can I pick any two that I want. The powers do seem to increase in power and usefullness as you go further down the category so it makes sense but I can't find anywhere that it says.

If you don't have to take things in order that means a level one Dedicated MA with Tien-Hsueh Touch Mastery can start off with Dim Mak...

**edit** upon looking I realized all Tsien-Hsueh users get Dim Mak at first level ....but regardless my question stands: Do the powers have to be taken in order?

That's just alphabetism for ease of finding. Unless you're gonna be importing the N&S character into Dave's Hackmaster dungeon module, you don't need to alphabetize any of your abilities :)
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”