A question.

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

A question.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

I don't have all the Rifters, though I do have most of them, so I don't know if this has been done. I'm wondering if there has ever been, in any Rifter, the inclusion of a race that came to the Palladium World from beyond the great barrier. If not, can anyone see a problem with this? To my knowledge there has never been any definitive explanation of what the barrier is or how it got there.

Yes, there's a reason I'm asking.

No, I'm not going to tell you what it is! :lol:

But I bet you can guess. ;)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Re: A question.

Unread post by MrMom »

As far as i can recall the great barrier destroys anything that it touches. So I would assume that nothing can come from behind it but you can always PM KS and ask him.
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:There are NO articles dealing with the great plot device ... I mean barrier.

:D

I didn't think so, thanks. And... it is pretty great, isn't it? (Hint, hint.)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

MrMom wrote:As far as i can recall the great barrier destroys anything that it touches.

Actually there are different rumors to this. The other is that "The Great Wall" is a large teleportation structure. Which it "dissinigrates" you and teleports to a different world (pick anywhere in the Megaverse!).
- i guess it depends on how you feel about your gaming group as to what happens to them.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

Stupid question: I don't know about the Great Barrier. Give me a short description?

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

BillionSix wrote:Stupid question: I don't know about the Great Barrier. Give me a short description?

Brian

Mysterious wall that surrounds the southern Hemisphere of the Palladium Fantasy world. Basically sits around what would be the equator...and preserves the "southern half" from getting content (not that the north half has full content anyhow.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:There are NO articles dealing with the great plot device ... I mean barrier.

:D

Correct

However, I have a char that comes from the other side of side barrier. From my own ideas about what is over there.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”