Mapping Preferance

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

How do you prefer your maps?

black and white basic map (room outlines)
18%
basic b+w with basic room details
73%
full detail b+w
9%

Total votes: 11

Entiago
Adventurer

Mapping Preferance

Unread post by Entiago »

Basically was just woundering how those of you like your maps when given one with an adventure. (Search function is broken atm :( )

Although I realize the majority would say full out color, this is if recieved for print (say in a Rifter) more than likely it will be Black and White....which is ok- cause its in print.

Let me go more into descriptions on choices and delemas::
•Black+White basic map:: think of the first set maps (Tombs of Gersidi, ect) this has just the room outline on paper and nothing else. All the room detail is within the written part.
--although the "cleanest" to read and look at, if you miss the room description, you may miss some information.

•Black+White with Room Details:: Same as above, but gives basic room details (bed, table, furniature, ect). Monsters, Humans, or other encounters are still described within the written part. Furniature placement will still be in there, but also on the map.
--A nice balence between the two other choices, would also allow for GMS to place inhabitants wherever they choose, unless otherwise stated.

•Black+White full out:: Includes layout of rooms, furniature placement, and monsters/ inhabitants all on the map.
--Although it could leave some maps cluttered- it would give the looker all info at one glance.

So was just wondering as I try to complete this one adventure as it has taken...a looong time.
Any help and comments are appriciated, thanks to all who participate.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Mapping Preferance

Unread post by The Beast »

I like basic outlines of rooms and cities, but prefer color maps of larger areas.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Mapping Preferance

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I am hating the way Palladium started drawing maps straight onto E-format. The maps in Yin Sloth and Baalgor, books etc. look poor when they blow up the size. :badbad:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”