New Zombie killing weapons

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: New Zombie killing weapons

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Nice weapons. I know I'd like to have any of them to deal with the zombies! But the problem will be finding them when you could really use them.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Ninjafingers
Wanderer

Unread post by Ninjafingers »

Aramanthus wrote:Nice weapons. I know I'd like to have any of them to deal with the zombies! But the problem will be finding them when you could really use them.

I would imagine military bases would be a safe haven in the Dead Reign world, so all you have to do is know where one is and make your way there. Easier said than done, I know.
Juicers are so hopped up on drugs that their reflexes are hyper-fast and the rest of the world around them seems to be moving in slow motion. Which means that they are likely the only ones to be able to keep up with the Palladium rule changes... - Killer Cyborg
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Packrat wrote:
NinjaLemur wrote:The Barret XM500

Image:
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn73-e.htm
XM500 rifle is the most recent creation of famous American Barrett Firearms co. This rifle, first shown in 2006, is intended to provide lighter and more compact alternative to popular Barrett M82 "Light fifty" rifle, which is widely used by military and law enforcement forces around the world. The new weapon will provide better accuracy (because of stationary, non-recoiling barrel) and same range as Light Fifty, while being lighter and significantly shorter, thanks to its bullpup layout. According to available information, this rifle is developed primarily for US Armed forces, and is still in development / prototype stage.

Barrett XM500 long range sniper / anti-material rifle is a gas operated, semiautomatic rifle. Gas chamber and piston are located above the barrel. Barrel is locked using rotary bolt. Stock is of bullpup layout and made of metal, with rubber buttplate. Rifle is fitted with detachable lightweight bipods, adjustable for height. There are no open sights as of now, but rifle is fitted with integral Picatinny rail on the top of the receiver, so any type of sights can be installed using appropriate mounting interfaces.

Caliber: .50BMG (12.7x99mm)
Operation: gas operated, semi-automatic
Barrel: n/a
Weight: 11.8 kg
Length: 1168 mm (46")
Range: 22309 feet ( note that the absolute maximum range of one these weapons now that being said It would take highly excpetional marksman somone of sniper quaility or the like to use it at this range for most people maxium range weapon is 6069 feet)
Damage: 1d6x10+12 per single shot (it's a 50 cal full metal jacket round and these round will go thought the side of a tank or APC. If you really want to these one these bad boys in action check out the new rambo movie the sniper was carying of these weapons as was the female in Smoking Aces)
Payload: 10 round box magazine

DROOL... My sniper want...

Ditto, though i have been using them with AP rounds. :twisted: Time to adjust the damage.

Ninjafingers wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:Nice weapons. I know I'd like to have any of them to deal with the zombies! But the problem will be finding them when you could really use them.

I would imagine military bases would be a safe haven in the Dead Reign world, so all you have to do is know where one is and make your way there. Easier said than done, I know.

Not Ft. Hood in my game. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Besides, i've been reading "The Stand" and the military became real bad as society degenerated in the story. Also, i think any survivalist or plain old gunbunny will seek these places out and it won't be so safe with them around.
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

Ninjafingers wrote:

Yeah, easier said than done. Remember that if you follow the Unisane/Human Immune Builder syrum scenario as the reason for The Wave, you have mercenary groups, trained and armed to the teeth, working alongside death cult priests who control the zombies.
Imagine rolling up onto a military base thinking you and the other players are about to score some major weapons when one of your partners gets his head sniped. The "bad guys" want those weapons caches. Then thirty zombies are coming your way while a group of six hard-core ex-navy seal dudes are gunning your group down.
:badbad: That's serious!
Nothing is true, all is permitted
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Now the question is how many military men will be left. I remeber getting the anthrax series and all the paranoia at my unit regarding its effects. I don't know if I'll start a dead reign campagin but one scenario could be everyone the soldiers were all required to get a vacination. Only the few that they hadn't gotten around to or refused did not turn.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

I am still convinced there is some kind of organization behind the zombies - that it didn't "just" happen.

And where there is organization, there is compensation.

Mercenaries like compensation and are highly trained fodder for the greater evil. As long as mercenaries have wealth to spend in a world where their services of strife are called upon, these guys' and girls' desire is to live well despite the (un)death around them.

like i said, that's serious ///?)
Nothing is true, all is permitted
Hound
Wanderer

Unread post by Hound »

Good plan ninjabunny.. until some enterprising (read sadistic) GM find's out that the standard round of a AK cannot penetrate most modern body armor- it's simply too slow and soft a projectile. Soo... run into some zombiefied SWAT police with riot helmets and shields and you could be in for a very bad day....
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

NinjaLemur, i'm absolutely loving all the info especially that info about the Apache and the AN-94 (Thanks Duck-Foot :ok: ) keep 'em coming!
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

NinjaLemur wrote:AR:12

Guns: 1× M230 30x113 mm (1.18x4.45 in) cannon
Weight 55.9 lb (25 kg)
Range 4,500 m (4,920 yd)
Damage: 2d6x10+10 per Eight round burst
Payload: 1200 rounds

Shouldn't that damage be per round with about a 1m blast radius. I mean a single .50BMG round does 1D6X10 SDC damage so looking at the much larger and more powerful 30mm High Explosive round do alot more damage with a single shot let alone a burst?

I'm not going to like to the Youtube video but a 30mm shell from an Apache does horrible things to human beings.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Ninjabunny wrote:I'd rather get my hands on an AK now then try to hit up the bad*** weapons the army has when it hits. It's got about ten pounds backing it so it The AK can double as a club easily, plus there are a **** load made so it's the easiest gun in the world to get your hands on. It's really easy to clean and keep firing plus you take it off full auto and go Semi, you've got 30-60 shots in a clip.

Yea Definatly a fan of the AK. Ammo might be hard in America though.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Greyaxe wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:I'd rather get my hands on an AK now then try to hit up the bad*** weapons the army has when it hits. It's got about ten pounds backing it so it The AK can double as a club easily, plus there are a **** load made so it's the easiest gun in the world to get your hands on. It's really easy to clean and keep firing plus you take it off full auto and go Semi, you've got 30-60 shots in a clip.

7.62x39mm has become a common enough round. You, should be able to find it in any store that carries ammo.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:

7.62x39mm has become a common enough round. You, should be able to find it in any store that carries ammo.

Good to know, im from Canada, the 30-06 is king. 7.62, that an assault weapon caliber, illegal here.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Rockwolf66
Hero

NinjaLemur wrote:yeah but you really cant fire a single round from that thing even a quick a pull of the trigger (one melee attack) fires 8 rounds. That damage is pretty impressive should more that enough to rip a man or zombie apart per attack, but feel free to adjust the dame as you see fit you mind you thats just the damage from a short burst damage from long burst and spray's would be a lot more

Oh so 625 rounds per minute +/-25 RPM is fast?
Funny as how I can get off single shots out of a Slowfire Mini-Uzi that fires about 800 rounds per minute and I have a friend up in Oregon who can get single shots out of an MP-5A2 cronographed at 950 rounds per minute. I will admit that it takes practice to fire off a single round from a weapon set to full auto but it can be done with alot faster weapons than an M-230 Chainegun.

as far as Damage goes
20mm Practice rounds. a 30mm M789 High Explosive Dual Purpose (HEDP) or
M799 High Explosive Incendiary (HEI) round will blow a man's arm off at over a meter from the point of impact. Looking over CCW autocannons you are looking at 6D6X10 for a direct hit from a single round plus an additional 2D6X10 damage to a 1m area. with the HEI round you also set anything flamable on fire.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

While the 7.62x39 Soviet short cartrige would not be impossible to find, you might think of using a weapon that fires a 7.62x51 mm NATO round. The round is more common among assault weapons across North America, and is interchangeable with the .308 Winchester hunting round (easily found in Canadian Tire stores, and other fine retailers). The old C1 uses this round.

Likewise something like the 5.56x45 mm NATO round is interchangeable with the .223 Remmington cartrige (lower powered, perhaps, but still viable). The C7 and C8 chamber this cartrige, as do many US assault weapons. A word of caution, however; it is not advisable to put a 5.56 mm cartrige in a weapon specifically chambered for the .223 Remmington, as the power is considerably higher.
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

csbioborg wrote:Now the question is how many military men will be left. I remeber getting the anthrax series and all the paranoia at my unit regarding its effects. I don't know if I'll start a dead reign campagin but one scenario could be everyone the soldiers were all required to get a vacination. Only the few that they hadn't gotten around to or refused did not turn.

I was thinking something along those lines when someone first mentioned military bases as well.

That and National Guard troops were sent out to assist with controlling the "disorder" and so would have been ammoung the first to encounter the zombies - without knowing how to fight them. There are probably more than a few Zombies in the inner cities wearing tattered uniforms and body armour . . . oooooh, my players are going to hate that.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Jefffar wrote:
csbioborg wrote:Now the question is how many military men will be left. I remeber getting the anthrax series and all the paranoia at my unit regarding its effects. I don't know if I'll start a dead reign campagin but one scenario could be everyone the soldiers were all required to get a vacination. Only the few that they hadn't gotten around to or refused did not turn.

I was thinking something along those lines when someone first mentioned military bases as well.

That and National Guard troops were sent out to assist with controlling the "disorder" and so would have been among the first to encounter the zombies - without knowing how to fight them. There are probably more than a few Zombies in the inner cities wearing tattered uniforms and body armour . . . oooooh, my players are going to hate that.

They'll hate it even more if you make them thinkers. (though i used the rifter #40 version) Nothing worse than a sniper with a .50 cal. :twisted:
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

They'll hate helmets more :D

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

duck-foot wrote:pue evilness jefffar

Thanks, it's what I do.

GrampaAllen
D-Bee

Unread post by GrampaAllen »

M-26 breacher a 12 guage under barrel attachment for the M-14 or 16 havent been abel to find any info about range wieght 2.5 pounds fires all standard 12 gauge rounds 5 round magazine fed in use right now, in urban combat mostly.
Rockwolf66
Hero

GrampaAllen wrote:M-26 breacher a 12 guage under barrel attachment for the M-14 or 16 havent been abel to find any info about range wieght 2.5 pounds fires all standard 12 gauge rounds 5 round magazine fed in use right now, in urban combat mostly.

It's a shotgun so use the standard ranges for a shotgun. about 50 yards for buckshot an 100 yards for slugs.

Personally I would keep the M-26 for doors or a very close emergency. The US military in the Middle East have proven how effective an ACOG equiped M-4 is against fast moveing targets that shoot back. IE, some idiots tried to investigate the Marines because they were shooting too many armed terrorists in the head.

Return to “Dead Reign™”