"Primed" Mend Object scroll question

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

"Primed" Mend Object scroll question

Unread post by Khanibal »

If a mage creates a scroll of a spell with a variable P.P.E. cost, can he prime it with extra power? For example. Ted (9th lvl LLW) creates a scroll of Mend Object, can he prime it with an additional 600 points of P.P.E. so whoever uses the scroll can repair up to 20 M.D.C.?
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Re: "Primed" Mend Object scroll question

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Khanibal wrote:If a mage creates a scroll of a spell with a variable P.P.E. cost, can he prime it with extra power? For example. Ted (9th lvl LLW) creates a scroll of Mend Object, can he prime it with an additional 600 points of P.P.E. so whoever uses the scroll can repair up to 20 M.D.C.?
Mend Object? do you mean "Mend the Broken"?
I would say yes but any unused PPE would be lost. EG:Lucky Eddie has a scroll of Mend the Broken with 600 PPE (restores up to 20 MDC) and his Body armor has suffered 15 MD in damage. The scroll will repair the Armor to full but the extra 150 PPE would be burned off as well.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Khanibal wrote:If a mage creates a scroll of a spell with a variable P.P.E. cost, can he prime it with extra power? For example. Ted (9th lvl LLW) creates a scroll of Mend Object, can he prime it with an additional 600 points of P.P.E. so whoever uses the scroll can repair up to 20 M.D.C.?

Yes, but once written it can't be altered.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Thanks guys.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
ZorValachan
Adventurer

Unread post by ZorValachan »

I agree totally with all those above.

You set the PPE. Then when used, all the PPE is used, even if it is 'overkill'.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I'll agree with the above; you can set it as high as you like, but it can only be used at the level set to; overages are lost, and, in some situations, undershots will mean that it doesn't work at all.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”