psychics and their impact on culture economics and warfar

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

psychics and their impact on culture economics and warfar

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

how would our world culture change if psionic powers as described
by palladium books were real?
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Dolcet
Wanderer

Re: psychics and their impact on culture economics and warfar

Unread post by Dolcet »

A good example of this would be two books by Anne Mccaffery "to Ride Pegasus" & "Pagasus in Flight"
I reject your reality & substitute my own
Adam Savage "Mythbusters"
Tadrith
D-Bee

Unread post by Tadrith »

And Pegasus in Space as well as the Rowan series which is the same world hundreds of years later. All by Anne Mccaffery.
Tadrith Rashkae
Mage of ColdFire

"Think on the battle-cost; this time the wolf has lost. Beaten and broken and blind.
Better beware, my lord; better prepare, my lord; I was the least of my kind."
I was the Least of my Kind
Echos Children
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

ManDrake13 wrote:
Prince Cherico wrote:how would our world culture change if psionic powers as described
by palladium books were real?

Things would change very little actually. Slightly different people might take on the slightly different roles, but society as a whole would be completely unaffected. You should take a look at Beyond the Supernatural it mixes our modern world with Palladium Psionics and Magic, and nothing really changes except for the players not the way things work.

However, Beyond the Supernatural (both editions) makes psionics distinctly uncommon and secretive. You don't have proper study of them (indeed, 2nd edition makes that impossible), and there aren't any schools of it. You can't take "Telekinetics: The Basics of Mind Over Matter" by correspondence course, or at your local community college, and expect to actually learn to move things with your mind.

Slightly more on target, IMO, would be the TV show Angel, especially how Wolfram & Hart and its clients used them. While it focused a lot on "demons being an underground part of society", its psychics were a commodity. You had seers in the employ of corporations. Someone with uncontrolled electrokinetic powers made her living as an (extremely hot) psychic assassin. You can learn telekinesis by correspondence course, even if it won't appear in the course catalog of a community college.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”